Jul 19, 2011

Never EVER Workout Together

Some couples find it very relaxing and very exciting to workout together. Well, that's not the case in my marriage. My husband is the most annoying person to workout with. He thinks he knows everything; even though I'm the Kinesiology major. I mean seriously, I'm studying this stuff, and he's going to ignore me?! Ridiculous. He tries to tell me that it's because we are working out different parts. Umm, hello, there are other exercises besides squats. Sorry, I'm just trying to provide him with a wider variety of exercises. You don't see me trying to tell him how to play the trumpet. That's his job, of course he knows what he's doing. Or at least I hope he does. You never know.

Also, I have had several trainers and been to several bootcamps. I know what I'm talking about! I have teachers that I can use as resources, textbooks on hand, and workout plans that I have used. Take my advice, I have been doing this a lot longer then he has. I've actually played sports, he was in marching band. Really, who do you think knows more?!

So not only do we not do good working out together, he always exercises at inconvenient times. Tonight for example, right before I want to start cooking. Do I look like I'm one of those kinds of wives that would have dinner waiting for him for when he gets home. I don't think so! Why workout knowing that I'm hungry and I want to start cooking. Now, he will tell you it's because I won't let him workout. Well that's bull. We have an elliptical and several other pieces of workout equipment and yet he prefers to go to the gym. I'm sorry that I want him to use the things that we have at home. Use the things that we have available and that are FREE!!

Sorry for the short rant, but somethings need to be said. On a better note, I have lost 5 pounds since walking down the aisle, and I feel amazing. Looks, like marriage is for me. : )

1 comment:

  1. LOL... I understand this post completely... I also am somewhat of a Kinesisiology major... People tend to want to inform the expert... I know how to do the working out and I know what muscle it works... no one needs to tell me I spent three years and thousands of dollars to learn.I would appreciate if someone would ask me some questions.!

    ReplyDelete