Jul 15, 2011

My Husband the Writer

My husband is a man of many talents. He won't admit to any of these but he's an incredible musician, great teacher, very artistic, and he's very good at building things. His latest venture is writing. And I have to say it's become the most annoying. Now, I will support my husband till the end of time. I always have. But sometimes I just want to tell the man to stick to one hobby and perfect it. What's wrong with having one hobby that you are absolutely great at?! Then you can say you're the best at it. It doesn't make any sense to me!! So he writes, and I have to put up with it. It's very boring to just sit around and listen to him type and mumble. Yes, he mumbles. It's very annoying and drives me insane. And god forbid you interrupt him when "he's on a roll". Trust me, bad idea. Not only could you possibly lose your life, he will bring you back just to kill you again. How am I suppose to get anything done in this kind of stressful environment?!

So he came to me a couple of years ago and told me he was going to write something. I was of course very excited and supportive of him. Well a year goes by and nothing finished. Ok, sometimes these things take time. Another year goes by and nothing. Really?! Two years, and the man hasn't produced a single finished piece of writing?! I've heard of writers taking a long time to write but come on, this thing isn't even a 100 pages.

So finally, a couple of months ago he comes to me with a finished novella and I have to admit it's amazing. I didn't realize just how talented he was. Yes, he needs some good editing and some more experience. But the man has some talent. He finally self published it as an e book. He has had some sells but not what he was hoping for. I have no idea what he was expecting. No one becomes successful over night.

Look guys, I'm trying to be the supportive wife here, but the man is driving me insane. So could you guys do me a favor and buy the dang book. It's only 99 cents. You don't even have to read it! Just buy it and delete it (that's what I did). Just kidding. Support us here. I'm trying to get him famous so I can be the trophy wife I deserve to be.

Offerings by Stewart Felkel. You can find it on amazon, barnes and noble, itunes, and smashwords. Please for the love of all goodness buy the book!!

No comments:

Post a Comment