Jul 5, 2011

Future of the Felkels

I hope everyone noticed the title of the blog. Yes, my name has been changed and I took his. The new social security card came in and now I'm just waiting on my debit card. So whoo!! New name!! When you get married people are constantly asking you questions about your future. Such as "when are you having kids", "are you staying here in Louisiana", or "what are your plans for the future". So the post is to answer all those questions!

The biggie, kids. Now for those of you that know me, know I'm not the best kid person. It's like they know I'm a giant kid and we can get in trouble together. It's not that I don't like kids, I love kids. They have tiny clothes and shoes!! What's not to love?? But I love heading them back over the most. We have a lot of nieces, nephews, and friends with kids. I love hanging out and playing with them all. They are all great kids. I'm better with kids now, then 4 years ago. So, after saying all that, Stewart and I at this moment have agreed that we aren't having any kids. Shock, I know. But we are open for discussion after I turn 26. For the time being, we are going to enjoy each other, and enjoy not having to change poopy diapers!! (Jess and Shannon, I'm willing to learn to help you guys out)

I have never wanted to stay in Louisiana. It's hot and humid. And there's shellfish everywhere, and I'd rather not accidentally eat some and die! I love traveling. I have been all over the world and there is so much more to see. So, I'm wanting to move away for a little bit and Stewart has agreed that he could see us living somewhere else for a couple of years. We need a break from here! Don't judge us! We will come back. But I'm thinking Georgia for grad school. I have family there and my parents have an apartment there. I have learned one important thing since being married, and that's that I'm a mama's girl. My mom and I talk/see each other more now then when I was single and living off there dime. I can't live far away from her. It's not good!

I have no idea what the future could hold for us or our marriage. But I do know that we are going to enjoy each other and enjoy the spontaneity of our marriage. Basically, we aren't going to take advantage of the luxuries we have now. Maybe, I can convince Stewart instead of investing in kids to invest in a Summer home in France. Maybe instead of moving away, we will buy a house here and make lots of babies. (Not!) But as of right now, we are poor, have nothing but each other, and looking forward to our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment