Mar 6, 2014

Back Where I Come From

So this isn't really a marriage post but it kinda involves Stewart. So I'm originally from the small town of Farmerville. I spent my childhood outside by the lake and on my grandparent's farm. This is going to surprise a lot of y'all but I'm a country, 4 wheel riding, chicken killing, cow feeding girl. Please pick your jaws off the ground. Most peple don't know this about me, but not because I'm not proud of where I came from but I just never really felt the need to tell everyone. When I start to really drink you can hear that Farmerville drawl come out. My speech gets real slow and country. Especially when I talk to my husband. Steeeeeeewwwwaaaaart. He laughs so hard and just tells me the country is coming out.

So this past weekend I took my husband to my grandparent's farm. It's about 400 acres of land that has cows, chicken houses, and a whole lot of places to get in trouble. We took his new gun that I got him for Valentine's Day and went skeet shooting. I'm sad to say that I think I surprised my husband the whole entire day. He never knew that I knew how to drive a 4 wheeler. He never knew that I went skeet shooting before. And he sure as heck didn't know that I had been out and about on this big farm by myself and could carry myself fairly well.

     There's my hottie!

Yeah I can be sassy while holding a gun.
 

He got a very nice gun. He was super proud of it. I am excited for him.
 
Needless to say we had a great day. But at the same time it kind of made me realize how little I go back to my roots. When I was 16 years old my aunt gave me a birthday card with a bunch of life's lessons, that I still have, and the last one said "never forget where you come from". I hate to admit it but I had started to forget where I came from. Well this past weekend was a great way to getting back at it. Careful y'all I'll be looking for a gun of my own soon.
 
P.S. Yes, I outshot my husband and really put him to shame. I am an excellent shot. He was embarrassed, which he should have been. 

No comments:

Post a Comment