Mar 3, 2013

Crazy Thing Called Crossfit!

This post is going to be mostly about me. I know I know, this blog is about my marriage and I'm kind of boring without my other half. I really hope you have caught the sarcasm. Anyways, I am writing today about my journey into the wild, crazy world of crossfit.

On October 30th I joined the local crossfit gym. I wasn't too happy with my weight and how I was feeling about myself in general. My mother had confessed that she was doing crossfit in Orange Beach and loved it and she thought I would like it. So she signed me up (kicking and screaming of course). And that's when it began.

My first week was awful, I was sore and I hated how out of shape I was in. I cried because I was embarrassed about my times and performances. When I walked, I was basically waddling. Everyone at the office was telling me that I walked like a pregnant lady. And it was true!! I seriously wouldn't go to the bathroom unless it was an emergency because it hurt to sit down on the toilet. I was embarrassed and ashamed.

But that was 4 months ago. Now at 9 1/2 pounds lighter and a whole lot more confidence I can say that I love crossfit. Now don't get me wrong, I have cried, sweat so much it looked like I had taken a shower, and have come home bleeding (scraping my knee counts right?!). But I am stronger and I am finally beginning to appreciate the sore muscles.

Now after saying all that, my husband saw how much I was enjoying myself and enjoying my workouts, he decided to join. And that was fine. He was doing the workout away from me and we managed to stay supportive each other ( I can kinda be competitive and I will talk shit like the best of them, even to my husband). And one day all that changed.

It was called a partner workout. I was the only girl and the coach didn't want to pair me up with another guy. So guess who I was stuck with as a partner. Yep, that's right, my husband. Let me tell you, it brought out some pretty bad sides of us. I was frustrated with him, he was frustrated with me. It was bad. But we got though it and had a great workout. Everything went back to normal. Until another partner workout, and I was partnered with the hubs again. And same thing happened. I mean it was like we were in couples counseling!! "Work together, be supportive". Ugh!!!!! But once again, we made it through and survived. After both workouts were over I appreciated him being my partner (only after it was over of course).

But we have finally found a way that we can workout together. And I honestly believe this has brought us closer. It has also made me want to punch him in the face. Who wants to be asked a thousand questions after a hard workout?! Nobody!!

No comments:

Post a Comment